Images and graphics are a great way to grab readers’ attention and make your online or offline content visually appealing. However, it’s not always possible to take beautiful photos yourself, especially if you’re lacking technique or equipment.
Thankfully, there are plenty of stock photos on the web that you can use for both personal and commercial use. What’s even better, there are plenty of free ones so you don’t have to spend a dime on high quality images!
Below is a list of stock photo websites that meet the following criteria:
- All images are free
- Images can be used for commercial and non-commercial use
- Attribution to the website or photographer is not required.
1. Pexels (Website)
2. Pixabay (Website) – Our recommendation
3. Unsplash (Website)
4. StockSnap (Website)
- Write a keyword for images you’re looking for into the search field.
- Scroll down the list of images to find one that you like. (Sometimes there might be paid images in the search results, displayed if there are no free ones available or as advertisement.)
- Click on the photo.
- Click on the “Free Download” button. Some of the above websites may give you an option to select the image size first.
- That’s it!